Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays?


I usually love this time of the year but there is always one thing that drives me crazy and that is Christmas music. Now I don't categorize myself as a bah humbug type but after listening to "jinglebell rocks" ten times a day on 4 different radio stations, it's enough to want to bang your head into a wall.

And if the radio stations aren't enough, the rest of the world also wants to remind you for thirty days straight that Christmas is on its way. You'll hear these songs in the grocery store, drug store, the mall and every store in it, work, and even the gym (i had one gym instructor use a 60 min. tape filled with santa songs during a spin class, no joke).

The thing that these radio stations/stores don't understand is that instead of filling people with the holiday spirit, these songs actually make you want to hurt someone by the time Christmas rolls around.

I am starting a petition to have stations limit the caroling to 20 songs a day and with a specific time slot. This way, those that want to listen to "Santa's coming to Town" know exactly when to tune in and those that don't want to listen (like myself) know when to tune out. As for the stores, I have invested in a good set of ear muffs, designed more to keep the noise out instead of keeping my ears warm.

No comments: